Voltage Feedback Amplifier(VFB) or Current Feedback Amplifier(CFB). that is the question!
This document will summarize the difference
Current Feedback Amplifier
- No fixed gain bandwidth product (high gain and high bandwidth at the same time!)
- Ultra slew rate (Inverting configuration maximizes input slew rate)
- Only the non-inverting input is the high input impedance
- feedback resistor plays a large role in amplifier stability this can also limit the value of the gain set resistor.
- The signal bandwidth is determined by RF(feedback resistor) and not by the circuit gain
- Limited DC gain
- A larger headroom is needed for the output
- CFA circuits must never include a direct capacitance between the output and inverting input pins as this often leads to oscillation
Voltage Feedback Amplifier
- Easier to design, no sensitivity to the values of feedback resisters
- High DC gain